So while my Photoshop skills aren’t the greatest, here’s a map showing how we want to set up Hop Madness 2011 at the Rogue Hop farm. The first thing you notice is that south of the Bed n’ Breakfast House is a giant half-circle area of grass. This is where the main event is going to happen. The colors on the map correspond to the following activities:
- Blue – This is the place to set up your tents for camping
- Red – This is an area we’re calling “Hop Street.” More details on that below
- Yellow – This is a driveway where you can drop off your camping/brewing supplies
- Green – This is the brewing area. This is where Rogue brews their beers on the farm and it’s a fantastic area for us to brew
- Orange – This is the Rogue Tasting Room. Stop by and try some of their beers.
Hop Street is an area we’re creating this year to avoid the “sprawl, and distance” that people have complained about in the past. Back at the park we used to stay at all of the clubs would set up in their own area away from each other and you would have to hike all over the park to be social with everyone. This year we want everyone to set up their easy-ups, lawnchairs and kegs/tap-boxes in the Hop Street area. This will not only make it easier and faster for people to get their samples and votes in for the Peoples Choice award but will hopefully promote more socialization.
Keep your eye out for a post in the next few hours detailing what the brewing facility looks like.
Just a little more then one day left until Hop Madness.